Hillcrest Park Condominiums
June 18, 2014
In attendance were Trustees Leonard Finkowski, Gail Chadwick, Debby Houlberg and Jody Babilonia.
A motion was made by Debby Houlberg to call the meeting to order, the meeting began at 6:33 pm.
1. A motion was made by Gail to accept the minutes of the meeting that was held May 20th, 2014. It was seconded and the minutes were accepted. The minutes will be posted on the web site and are available at the office front door.
2. Report on Maintenance Granby Tree Service had been asked to look at the tree branches hanging very low in back of Buildings 1 and 2. He will remove the branches that were almost touching the ground. He also stated that we have a lot of poison ivy growing in the wooded area and there are many vines growing on the trees, pulling them to the ground. We can expect to see even more branches being pulled down. He suggested that we have him return in the fall and give us a quote of cutting back the wooded areas by several feet, getting rid of the hanging branches, poison ivy and vines. The cutting would take place in early Spring 2015. The Trustees discussed his proposal and will have him give us a quote.
Phil Biggs will be asked to inspect the boot vents on our roofs that are crooked and give us a quote on repairing them.
Paciorek Electric will make several repairs around the complex. There are lights over hatchways that aren’t working, one of the pole lights needs repair and the control boxes to the fountain will be changed from dial meters to digital meters. There are two cement blocks in back of Unit 48 and Unit 27 that were at one time, many years ago, pole lights. Bill would like to remove one of them because it is already crumbling and then put perennial plants around them to make the area look better. Paciorek Electric will make sure no electricity is running to those blocks before Bill begins work.
There have been complaints about bees around Building 9 for several years. Last year there was treatment done around one of the units but the problem has returned again this year. Debby proposed that Minuteman be asked to look at the entire building and submit a quote to treat the front and back of the building. The vote was 5-0 in favor of having Minuteman quote for treatment of the building. The residents will be asked to remove all items from their patios for the day of treatment.
Building 10 was under contract with Orkin but the contract lapsed several years ago. During the annual inspections done this year by the companies that have our buildings under contract, Orkin was asked to give us a quote to get Building 10 back under contract. The building would need to be inspected and treated. The cost would be $995.00. Gail suggested that we get quotes from at least one other company. During the annual inspections Minuteman was asked to give a quote on Building 10 but they have not submitted one and it’s been several months. Debby will make contact with Minuteman and Terminix to obtain additional quotes.
Barnish Landscaping will begin trimming the bushes along the back of all the buildings; mow the back of the dam, the barrier along the pond and below the fence area behind Building 3. There are areas of soil erosion behind Building 1 and 2 that occurred when Verizon replaced their cables last year. Barnish will bring in some sod for the worst areas and seed the rest.
The handicap ramp will be painted again this year. Michelle informed the office that the sign “Handicap Parking Only” has become very faded. A new sign will be ordered.
Contact Information pages were given to all owners and residents so the office can update the information kept in the office. About half of them were returned. A second request for information will be sent. It is important that the office have contact information for each resident, emergency contact numbers and vehicle information.
4. Review of Accounts
A print out of the checking account, cash account and capital reserve was provided to each Trustee. They were able to review each account.
The next meeting is scheduled for July 15th at 6:30 pm.
A motion was made by Gail to adjourn the meeting, it was seconded and the meeting ended at 8:35.